These days, the number of companies that adopt the hybrid work setup continues to grow. Companies that give employees options to work remotely to ensure their teams’ health and safety have seen a significant boost in productivity.
As such, most employers have digitized their processes to ensure that the business runs smoothly whether their employees are on-site or not. To support this transition, many companies’ human resource (HR) departments have invested in HR management and payroll software.
What is HR management and payroll software?
HR management and payroll software is one of the primary tools that companies use to immediately transition to a digitalized way of working. This software should help enable a company to do standard HR processes such as:
- attendance, time, and scheduling management;
- performance management;
- payroll service; and more.
Basically, it helps offload automatable functions so that HR personnel can focus on more pressing tasks within the company.
Investing in HR management and payroll software during a time of hybrid work and increased digitization is very apt as it allows both on-ground and remote employees to remain engaged. It also gives them a better sense of autonomy and privacy as they gain access to their protected employee data. This makes it easier for both the management and the workforce to collaborate and drive the business forward!
? Improved employee engagement, thereby increasing efficiency and productivity
Employees in MSMEs tend to be fewer than 50, so keeping everyone tight-knit can have its benefits. One way to keep employees happy is by giving them more freedom and flexibility with their records, data, and performance reviews. A HR management and payroll software such as GreatDay can help with that.
- GreatDay’s HRIS and payroll software allows remote work employees to time in and out of their assigned work hours wherever they might be located. If an employer needs to know an employee’s exact location in case of an emergency, geotagging and geotracking capabilities are also included.
- Leave and overtime requests can also be requested in-app. All these requests will be sent to the HR department, and will duly go through the approval process based on your own company’s organizational structure. You can set this up within the intuitive GreatDay HR dashboard, with the help of a representative.
- On-site employees also benefit from the system. Some HR management and payroll software providers also provide technical equipment that allows them to sync the employee’s attendance and workflow whether they choose to hunker down at the office or work from home. GreatDay HR’s full-suite HRIS and payroll software, in particular, provides an on-site attendance kiosk as one of its attendance recording methods. It uses an Android tablet where employees can record their attendance. For those in a hurry, the attendance checking only takes a few seconds for each employee.
- Health & safety are still imperative for employees who choose to work on-site, so GreatDay also provides an intelligent temperature checking system (ITCS) so that employees and the management can track their attendance and health.
? Intuitive and automatable functions make for a more focused HR team
A dedicated HR management and payroll software benefits the business’s HR team the most. Through this, the HR department does not have to dedicate a huge portion of their time to recruitment, timekeeping, and updating of the employee’s documents. Because of the employee’s increased capacity and accountability with their documents and timekeeping, the HR team now has more time to create and implement employee engagement and development programs. Some tasks that GreatDay HR can help with include:
- Automated payroll, with Philippine taxes already configured within the app so that HR personnel need not input this manually.
- Streamlined recruitment portal so that HR personnel need not dedicate much time and effort to the administrative parts, and focus instead on the quality recruitment.
- GreatDay HR’s Employee Benefits, where employees can collaborate with HR personnel to create the best environment for employees to be heard and for HR personnel to do their job most efficiently.
- GreatDay Meet, to eliminate the need for third-party meeting apps when conducting internal huddles, activities and games, and company growth sessions online.
When employees are heard and provided avenues for growth, they feel valued and rewarded. In turn, this results in the company experiencing better employee retention and a more efficient and competent workforce, therefore leading to a better overall business return on investment (ROI).
? Better data management can help keep data secure
Having an HR management and payroll software enables the company to store and manage the organization’s and workforce’s documents better and in a more secure manner. This means that there are lesser to no lost documents due to improper storage. Having a centralized system also ensures that documents are stored in one place. This is helpful particularly if you need to recover documents for a particular use. GreatDay HR’s payroll software follows the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Philippines’ Data Security and Privacy Laws.
? Better metrics generation, thanks to easier reports generation and minimization of errors
Business metrics allow the HR department and executives to create and implement critical decisions that affect the company overall. HR management and payroll software usually have a reports-generating feature that can help executives make informed decisions. Easy access to these insights helps improve the business overall.
GreatDay HR includes rich and configurable features for these purposes, such as:
- Reporting & Analytics
- Expense Management
- Payroll Management
- Performance Management
? Cost-effective investment with configurable features
The typical perception of HR management and payroll software is that it’s expensive. However, it is a worthy investment for any business. Apart from enabling the employees to be more proactive with updating their documents, this software allows automation, which saves both manpower and effort in the long run. GreatDay’s full-suite HRIS & payroll software comes with a basic version, as well as add-ons that are configurable to your MSMEs needs.
How to Choose the Best Payroll Solution for Your Business
There are a lot of payroll software available in the market. The next thing is choosing the best one for the business. There are a lot of things to consider such as the company size, the type of employment, and planned deductions and incentives.
With these in mind, it is best to choose one that is adapted to the local market. SunFish DataOn, one of the leading HRIS software providers in the ASEAN market, launched GreatDay HR which caters to the Philippine market.
Choose the best HR management and payroll software that provides tailor-made solutions to meet the company’s needs. Choose GreatDay HR.
GreatDay HR is one of the platforms offered by SunFish DataOn Philippines Inc. (SDP), the leading provider of cutting-edge Human Resources technology solutions used by thousands of companies in the Asia Pacific region, including the Philippines. Together, with its sister companies, Humanica Thailand and DataOn Indonesia, SDP creates HRIS and Payroll Solutions for employee empowerment across the board. With its 80+ staff and growing in the Philippines, SDP offers a comprehensive and smooth support service to all its valued clients.